Guest Post: Bridal Beauty
May 23, 2011
Posted by on
Continuing with our bridal beauty series, one of Ireland’s top make-up artists, Kate Rose Crean, is on hand to give us all some fantastic advice. Kate Rose has been featured in the likes of RTE Guide, IMAGE and U Magazine and has worked with Amy Huberman amongst others. So you can imagine how delighted I was when she was willing to impart some of the make-up know-how with us.
- Remember you will need a little extra definition for flash photography. Using a blusher and lip colour with slightly more pigment than usual works beautifully when the correct shade is applied.
- Grow your brows until you can’t bear it and then get them threaded. It really makes the biggest difference to your face. It gives you shape and structure and looks amazing!
- Apply lip pencil all over your lip before other lip products to make it last longer! This also creates a softer, more natural lip look.
- Avoid trying to look like somebody else by going for a look you aren’t used to. Your wedding day is NOT the day to try something different like a red lip or a very strong eye, your make up should make you feel like a more gorgeous, polished version of yourself!
- Use too much highlighter. A little sheen in the right places looks amazing but not when applied everywhere!
- Go for a heavy foundation. Choosing the correct foundation for your skin type ensures you don’t have to overload your skin with product!
Wedding Bag Essentials:
- Blotting Paper – keeps the shine down without moving your make up.
- A very sheer compact powder, I love MAC prep and prime powder.
- Your lip products, lip pencil, lipstick and gloss if using one.
- Rescue Remedy and lots of it!
Products I can’t live without:
- MAKE UP FOREVER HD foundation – I love using this product on brides. It’s especially geared toward looking flawless in photographs. It gives beautiful cover while looking natural at the same time.
- DIORSHOW mascara – gives lashes a stunning finish by adding lashings of volume and length.
- MAC brow pencil in lingering – fills your brows beautifully without looking false. Perfect for when you are regrowing your brow shape!
- NARS blusher in orgasm – I’m a little more than obsessed with this colour!! It simply is amazing and suits most skin tones.
Thank you so much for putting this together, Kate Rose.
If you would like to know more about Kate Rose Crean, check out her site http://www.katerosecrean.ie/
to see her gallery or contact her. She also offers make up lessons, if you fancy following in Kate Middleton’s footsteps.